my e-mailaddress





vrijdag 5 februari 2016

Gek op tulpen…? / Crazy about tulips…?


Ze zijn niet mijn meest favoriete bloemen, maar ik vind ze wel mooi: tulpen.
In de 17e eeuw is er zelfs een tulpenmanie uitgebroken, alles voor tulpen! Zie voor meer info:

They are not my most favorite flowers, but they're absolutely beautiful: tulips.
In the 17th century there even was an outbreak of tulip mania in Holland, everything for tulips! See here for more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania



Omdat ik in oktober jl. op de beurs al mijn gestreepte tulpen ben “kwijtgeraakt”, besloot ik afgelopen week er nog eens eentje te maken, ditmaal mét de bol er nog aan ;)!

Last October on the fair I’ve “lost” all of my striped tulips, so I decided in the past week to make one again, this time even with bulbs to the stem ;)!



In de bovengenoemde info van Wikipedia kun je o.a. lezen over de aanwezigheid van de gekleurde strepen op de bloemblaadjes van de Viceroy-tulp zijn ontstaan door een virusziekte, al wist men dat toentertijd niet.

In the above mentioned information of Wikipedia you can read about the presence of the colored stripes on the petals of the so called "Viceroy"-tulip. They were caused by a viral disease, but no one knew this in that time.

1:1 tulpenbol (foto van internet) / 1:1 tulip bulb (picture of the internet)

Mijn 1:12 tulpenbol / My 1:12 tulip bulb


In het tuincentrum zijn genoeg tulpenbollen om te bekijken, dus ben ik daarmee thuis aan de slag gegaan. Ik geloof dat ze daar inmiddels denken dat ik niet helemaal goed bij mijn hoofd ben: ik bestudeer alle bloemen en planten van zeer dichtbij en ik wed dat dat er nogal vreemd uit ziet, als je niet weet waarom ik dat doe LOL ;D!

In the garden centre are lots of tulip bulbs to see, so when I came back home I gave it a try. I guess that in the meanwhile they’re really thinking that I'm going nuts: because I always study very closely all of their flowers and plants and I bet that it looks rather strange if you don't know why I'm doing this LOL ;D!


Ik wil jullie bedanken voor jullie hulp in de vele reacties op mijn vorige blogpost, ik weet nu een beetje hoe het een en ander in elkaar zit! En NEE, ik ben NIET van plan naar Facebook te vertrekken, hoor, echt niet! Ik heb het voorjaar in mijn bol, allemaal een fijn weekend gewenst!

I want to say thank you for all of your helpful comments on my last blog post, now I know what is happening on Google! And NO, don’t worry, I’ve NO intention to move to Facebook, no way :D!!
I'm in the mood for spring now and I wish you all a nice weekend!

Ilona

34 opmerkingen:

The Old Maid zei

As usual BEAUTIFUL work Ilona! I actually love tulips for their varius colours and shapes. Though lately over here you can buy mostly tulips that grow up instead of opening their heads. But they are kind of symbol of full spring for me.:)
Hugs

Contrastes-Rosa Mª zei

Perfecto, a mi me encantan los tulipanes , por su colorido y por su sencillez.
Te deseo feliz fin de semana. Besos:-)

Kikka N zei

Lovely lovely lovely... You make so beautiful flowers that it is almost breath taking! Your tulip is so real like! Love it!
Hugs
Kikka

Isabel Ruiz zei

Unos tulipanes de gran realismo. Perfectos.

rosethe-minima zei

Très jolies et aussi très réalistes tes tulipes Ilona !
Bon week-end !

elizabeth s zei

You SURPASS yourself, again and again and Again!!! Your tulip is SUPERB, Ilona!

PILAR6373 zei

Ese tulipán es precioso,a mi me encantan los tulipanes,especialmente los negros,y el bulbo es increíblemente perfecto,dan ganas de plantar rápidamente!!!!
Feliz fin de semana!!!
Besos.

les mains calmes zei

Coucou Ilona,
Ce n'est pas ma fleur préférée non plus.Par contre les histoires autour de ces fleurs et bulbes sont incroyables....
Bonne journée,
Bisous, Dominique

Véronique zei

Zoals altijd, is jouw werk bijzonder indrukwekkend. Wat heb je de bol treffend kunnen maken. De rest ook trouwens.
Zet het bolletje maar snel in de grond anders gaat je prachtige tulp alsnog dood ;-)

Geniet van je weekend!!
Liefs,
Veronique

Fabiola zei

Very beautiful the mini tulip with bulb.
The real tulips are wonderful. The tulip is one of my favorite flowers.

miniacollection zei

Your tulip is truly amazing especially with the bulb.
Geneviève

Nina zei

Hello Ilona,

I just found your blog and I can't believe you made these tulips yourself! :O
They are so tiny, yet they look so real!! :))

Also, your background information on tulips was very interesting.

Kind regards from Riverside,
Nina

Isabel zei

Que fantásticos son sus tulipanes, y el bulbo es perfecto!! Muchas gracias por compartir la información tan interesante sobre ellos.
Besitos
Isabel

BiWuBär zei

Maybe you should consider wearing some kind of a button on your jacket next saying "Thank you, I'm fine! I'm just a miniaturist looking for inspiration" *LOL* I understand it's even more difficult to achieve lifelike results like this because of the high risk of being considered nuts... Regarding the risks you're taking I can't praise high enough the outstanding quality of your work!!! Your tulip is awesome - but the bulb is breathtaking!

Hugs
Birgit

Winkel's Crazy Ideas zei

I can just emagine you at the garden centre studying all the plants :). A really life-like tulip and bulb beneath, really lovely. Feel in a spring mood here too, rain is forecast all weekend so I am working with colourful fabric and dreaming of sunshine. Pam in Norway xx

carmen zei

precioso trabajo

Drora's minimundo zei

Dear Ilona,
Your work is so perfect that it's difficult to note if the flowers in the vase are natural or minis....
The striped tulip with the bulb is another piece of art. I love it. Exquisite
work as usual.
Hugs, Drora

Xandra Dekker zei

Practige tulp met bol heb je weer gemaakt Ilona.

Nog een fijne zondag Xandra

Fabulously Small zei

echt prachtig Ilona, die bol ook, fantastisch, erg knap gedaan! Haha, dat zal er zeker apart uitzien, laat ze maar lekker raden waarom je dat doet (gek/plantkundige/tuincentruminspecteur/miniaturist, hahaha). Ik vind die gestreepte heel apart, grappig dat dat door een virus komt. Zijn virussen ook nog ergens goed voor ;). Fijne zondag nog!

Joc zei

Bravo, c'est très réaliste, les bords sont découpés comme les vraies tulipes.

claude zei

I admire the realism of tulips, the flower so that the bulb
bon weekend
bisous

Maria Ireland zei

Another amazing gorgeous make. Ilona everything you touch is pure art. I love your tulip and awesome bulb.
Hugs Maria

Timea zei

Dear Ilona.
Your beautiful tulips are just mind blowing.
I love everything you create .
All the best
Timea

Tessa Liduina zei

Wat een schitterende tulp! Erg knap weer gemaakt, Ilona.

Giac zei

Hallo Ilona,
Ik kan niet geloven dat het verbazingwekkende detail, in het bijzonder de lamp, die je hebt bereikt. Het is ongelofelijk! De tulpen zijn gewoon geweldig ... ze toevallig een van mijn favorieten zijn. Ik ben blij dat je niet blogs verlaten. Facebook is gewoon niet hetzelfde.
Grote knuffel
Giac

Unknown zei

Ahhh perfection lady, perfection! I love your little flowers, this one looks like you could pop it in a thimble full of dirt and it would bloom!

I am soooo ready fro the green, we are still grey and sticks and bleh!

Lovejoy Bears zei

I adore tulips and yours is so amazing Ilona!! I love the detail in the petals and the bulb is wonderful!! As always you amaze me :) Hugs ♥ ♥

Angelsdoor * Penny zei

Dear Ilona,
Thank you so much for your visit and kind words.
Your tulips... You just amaze me.. Even down to the details on the bulb.
I just love viewing your art.
blessings,
Penny

Robin zei

Your tulip is perfection! It is almost impossible to believe that it's 1/12th scale. Love your work

Tatiana zei

Dear Ilona!
U maakt een verzameling bloemen! Ze zijn uniek! Je bent ongelooflijk getalenteerd! Ongelooflijk, dat naar je kijken met verbazing.
Ik ben gewend aan. In mijn land, volk draai een vinger op een tempel :) :) Ik ben blij om gelijkgestemde mensen te vinden op onze geliefde planeet! :) :) :)
Hugs
Tatiana

Christel zei

My goodness woman! The flower, the bulb, and the roots!!! Tiny perfection! I am simply in awe of your talents! Have a great week, xoxo Christel

Miniatures Absolutely zei

wow...so incredible! the level of detail you go to is outstanding.

Milena zei

I tuoi piccoli fiori sono sempre bellissimi. Era un po' di tempo che non avevo la gioia di ammirarli. La qualità è sempre altissima! Complimenti! Milena

Josje zei

Oh ja, hier hou ik van, zulke mooie tulpen! En met die bollen er nog aan, geweldig! Prachtige detaillering Ilona, mijn complimenten!